Advisor – MOAP Was
Project: Market-Oriented Agricultural Programme (MOAP)
The Market-Oriented Agricultural Programme (MOAP) is implemented jointly with the Ministry of Food and Agriculture (MoFA) in thirty-four districts distributed among eight(8) regions (Bono, Bono East, Central, Eastern, North East, Savannah, Upper West, Volta).
The program is mainly supporting the following value chains: Cashew, Citrus, Groundnut, Mango, Pineapple, Rice, Sorghum, Soya and Vegetables, with the objective to improve the quality of agricultural products and to strengthen the competitiveness of agro-based value chains.
It is guided by a multi-level and multi-stakeholder approach, supporting various actors along the selected value chains and works closely together with the public sector e.g. MLGRD and MoTI, subordinate MoFA agencies such as the Plant Protection and Regulatory Service Directorate (PPRSS), as well as a whole range of private sector institutions and actors.
In addition, MOAP is closely working with the EU co-financed program REACH, related to community-capacity building and other GIZ programs such as Governance for Inclusive Development.
* M.SC/M.A in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Agriculture or other relates field
* At least three(3) years professional experience in a comparable position
* Good understanding of development programs (project cycle management), knowledge of GIZ processes and standards will be an advantage
* Strong experience in agricultural value chain development and effective collaboration with the private and public sector
* Experience with result-based monitoring and report writing with strong quantitative and analytical skills with the ability to manage your own time and responsibilities independently
* Experience in project communication and the development of communication materials
* Experience with working in a multicultural environment, with good interpersonal relationship and recognition skills with strong managerial and organizational competence
* Good working knowledge of the Upper East and Savannah regions
* Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies and computer applications (Microsoft Office package, data collection, and analysis tools)
* Willingness to travel frequently, especially within Upper West Region
* Fluent written and oral knowledge of English and at least one local language of Upper West
* Good knowledge (reading and writing) of the German Language in an asset
Competitive GIZ salary structure, SSNIT, Health Insurance, as well as 13th Month Salary and Annual bonus
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their application with detailed curriculum vitae and a one-page cover letter: firstname.lastname@example.org under the job code 2019/MOAP/10/01
CLOSING DATE: 12.11.2019