The Ghana Statistical Service (GSS) has intensified its efforts to recruit qualified personnel for the upcoming 2020 population and housing census (PHC) in March 2020. The registration into the various positions such as enumerators, IT personnel, statisticians among others begun last year October 2019.
The Ghana Statistical Service (GSS) invites application from interested persons to enroll for the position of Field Data Collection Officers for the 2020 population and housing census (PHC).
As at now there are two ways by which you can register. The first and easiest procedure is to register directly as an enumerator. This process does not require a login. The second procedure is to provide your email at the statsghana.gov.gh/phc2020 website, after which a pin code and serial number would be sent to you to use for the registration.
The good thing about this procedure is that you do not have to stick to becoming a census enumerator, you could choose an area that fits your expertise and educational qualifications. Such as becoming an IT personnel if you have a tertiary information technology background or a statistician if you have a tertiary mathematics background.
The issue with this procedure however is that for some time now applicants do not receive the pin and serial number to be used to login for the registration. We have covered how to go about the second application procedure in detail in the article below.
Ghana Statistical Service (GSS) Population And Housing Census (PHC) Recruitment Application Procedure One
The procedures covered in the article below gives a detailed guide on How to apply for a preferred position in the upcoming Ghana Statistical Service (GSS) Population And Housing Census (PHC) Recruitment in march 2020. Click the article below to follow that guide.
Ghana Statistical Service (GSS) Population And Housing Census (PHC) Recruitment Application Procedure Two
In this article we cover the easiest procedure for applying for the Ghana Statistical Service (GSS) Population And Housing Census (PHC) Recruitment 2020. Note this does not require a login unlike the previous one, but with this you are applying as a census enumerator through the Enumerators’ Bureau which was established to accredit and satisfy field data collection officers for the 2020 population and housing census (PHC) with the aim of improving the quality of survey and census information that are used for national development planning.
- To begin the application process just visit https://ghstats.com/wpform1/
- The enumerators application form for will show right away.
- Afterwards fill the enumerators application form with details such as your Full name, Residential address/digital address, Employment status and experience, Age, gender, nationality. National ID (passport, driving licence, voters ID and national ID). Personal and emergency contact numbers;. Email address, Most recent digital/electronic passport size With white background (at most three months), District of interest for field data collection, School certificate/ certificate ID number.
- After successfully filling the form. Click on submit.
- Make sure you see a submitted message. The website at times does not submit and you would have to fill the form again and submit.
Kindly share the article with those that might need it. There is a whatsapp share button below the article.
Qualification And Requirements For Recruitment
- The requirement for enumerators is a minimum of WASSCE/SSCE or its Equivalent.
- Applicants must have Good communication skills, Ability to use smart phones or tablets for data collection, Self-motivated with high level commitment to duty, Fluent in a local language of the District of interest for field work, Field data collection experience is an added advantage
- Applicants must as well be able to identify boundaries of the assigned Enumeration Areas (EA) aided by maps, List all structures and enumerate persons in the EA, Obtain complete and accurate responses and capture them correctly during the enumeration exercise, Report daily on progress of work
When Will The Ghana Statistical Service (GSS) Population And Housing Census (PHC) 2020 Begin
The Ghana Statistical Service (GSS) Population And Housing Census (PHC) 2020 is scheduled for March 2020.