Applications are invited from suitably qualified employees of COCOBOD for the position of Cartographer at the Cartography Department of CHED to be stationed at the various districts of the division. To effectively discharge GPS surveys and Cartographic functions for the Cocoa Health and Extension Division of COCOBOD.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Receive all raw Cocoa Swollen Shoot Virus Disease(CSSVD) Control field data, including measured data.
2. Check to ensure the accuracy of the field data being received.
3. Process measured GPS data into maps including their attributes.
4. Produce maps showing the relevant features, such as blocks, cocoa, coffee and outbreak areas; types and age classes of cocoa; treated and replanted farms and their sizes.
5. Assist Technical Assistants (TAs) to complete the cocoa/coffee area records from (CDFA form).
6. Prepare the summarized analysis of the cocoa area surveyed to show the density of cocoa age classes and types.
7. Compile monthly, quarterly, annual and other statistical information on CSSVD Control operation for the information of management.
8. Open and maintain all necessary registers for all field operations.
9. Prepare, check and maintain maps to direct field surveys and/or show the progress of fieldwork.
10. Archive records for future reference
11. Teach/train the field staff on the use/operation and handling of the GPS device and report on any operational challenges.
12. Assist or guide the survey TAs to identify the existing features in the field whenever TAs face map reading or orientation difficulties.
13. Archiving and evaluation of CSSVD control records/reports system for future reference.
14. Establish the link and collaborate with other Departments/Sections towards the achievement of the Unit’s objective in the region.
15. Ensure the opening and maintenance of necessary operational registers at the Regional/District level.
1. Must be computer literate
2. Have the ability to interpret maps
3. Have the ability to handle GPS equipment (Handheld & Rovers).
4. Must be able to work with two (2) or more mapping software especially ArcGIS and AutoCAD.
- Applicants must have Degree or Diploma in Geomatic Engineering
- Or HND in Surveying and Mapping or equivalent Certificate in Surveying and Mapping
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants should send their applications and curriculum vitae through their respective Heads of Department, Divisions or Subsidiary to the following address:
COCOA HEALTH AND EXTENSION DIVISION
Friday 31st January 2020
Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview.