TBI in Ghana works towards the sustainable management and restoration of the Juabeso-Bia and Sefwi-Wiawso landscapes through the inclusive decision making and sustainable incentives involving local communities, smallholder cocoa farmers, the government at all levels and the private sector.
Listed below is all there is to know about the job
- Develop and implement the corporate communication strategy and annual work
- Lead the development, production, and distribution of Information, Education, and Communication (IEC) materials (e.g. newsletters, brochures, info sheets, policy briefs, posters, etc) of TBG projects.
- Support the planning, organizing, and facilitation of multi-stakeholder processes.
- Develop and publish success stories (outcome and impacts) of projects from the held for communication to primary and secondary audiences
- Support the organization of events by TBG and its partners (e.g. training, meetings, and durbars) and produce reports related to the primary objectives.
- Undertake field visits, support survey/research and document best practices and lessons learned for each
- Assist In fundraising and development of the project
- Support behavioral change campaigns related to natural resources in targeted communities where TBG works.
- Create and manage systems for storage and retrieval of program information, project documents, and reports.
- Support the writing and editing of TBG documents, project reports meeting Corporate branding requirements.
- Collate monthly summary reports from TBG project coordinators and other officers for sharing with all staff and relevant partners.
- Support the management of the corporate website and social media pages (including updating content, writing and posting articles and news items)
- The purpose-driven individual with excellent communication skills and a strong interest in natural resources management, including governance and climate change.
- Experience in development communication, public relations, media campaigns, environmental journalism.
- Extensive experience in report writing (especially development of success stories) and development of IEC materials.
- Bachelor of Science or preferably MA or MSc in Communication, Journalism, Social Sciences, with a working knowledge of Natural Resource or Environmental
- A minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in similar tasks.
- Excellent writing skills and proven ability to produce quality results.
- Proficient user of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet; other computer application skills will be added advantage (e.g. web-based management systems).
- Fluent in speaking, reading, and writing of English Language and Twi Language.
- Familiarity with International development donor rules and regulations Is a plus.
- Familiarity with landscape management, environmental and forest governance, biodiversity conservation, climate change, and international cooperation.
The deadline for submission of application is Friday, 3rd April 2020
How To apply
To apply for this position send your CV and application letter to the official website. Visit here to apply