The Global Programme Migration & Diaspora (PMD), commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), has the objective that key players in partner countries are increasingly taking advantage of the positive effects that regular migration and diaspora engagement are having on local social and economic development.
Listed below is all there is to know about the job
Recruitment Of Business Idea for Development
• Work closely with the PMD Senior National Coordinator, who represents the PMD at the country level under the roof of the Ghanaian German Centre for Jobs, Migration & Reintegration.
• Carries out marketing and outreach activities within the PMD partner country, Ghana in the context A Business Ideas for Development (GFE) in consultation with the PMD Senior National Coordinator and officers responsible for marketing and public relations activities.
• Supports in the marketing and acquisition of applicants as well as the active participation in the annual call for proposals “Business Ideas for Development” (GFE).
• Develops the range of services offered in Ghana on an ongoing basis, including implementing specific events (e.g. trade It’s for employers, founders, etc.)
• Supports GfE related events organized in and out of the country through the provision of information on the local economic situation and opportunities for entrepreneurs from the diaspora, Germany
• Creates and updates key stakeholder Map in the area of local business startups and post founding phases, develops and maintains the network among relevant strategic stakeholders, and tracks the further development of the entrepreneurship ecosystem for GFE founders, establishes a network to support people setting up their own businesses in various areas: market exploration, import/export/customs/law, start-up formalities, financing, business A business (B2B) and business partners
• Performs other duties and tasks at the request of the PMD Senior National Coordinator, Ghana and the GFE Project Manager, GIZ Headquarters.
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Marketing, Public Administration or any other related field, entrepreneurship-related qualification/experience is an added advantage.
• A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of relevant work experience
• Preferably, relevant professional experience in the context of Private Sector Development and Migration and Diaspora.
• Stay in Germany for an extended period and relevant professional experience in Germany and Ghana is advantageous.
• Availability to travel work-related within the country, region and to Germany
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
• Ideally has gained some working experience and basic knowledge of international development cooperation.
• Excellent command of verbal and written English, professional-level German is an advantage.
• Highly Organized, analytical and a problem solver
• High level of communication and negotiation skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure
• Excellent knowledge of IT (Microsoft Office Tools, Scanner, Printer)
Recruitment Of Migration Policy Advisor
• Works closely with the Senior National Coordinator (PMD), who represents the Programme Migration and Diaspora at the country level under the roof of the Ghanaian German Centre for Jobs, Migration & Reintegration
• Coordinates all programme related activities in the context of Migrations Governance in the partner country with close consultation with the PMD coordinator, the MPB Project Manager and other relevant staff members of of the Programme Migration & Diaspora in-country and at GIZ Head Quarters in Eschborn Germany
• Supports the Senior National Coordinator (PMD) in the overall implementation of the Programme Migration for Development if necessary, stand-in for and support other colleagues in charge of other programme fields of action at the country level coordinates the design and implementation of services to the political partners of the programme/ component based on profound need analysis
• Responsible for continuous management of partner relations including evaluating relevant political topics and themes together with partners
• Monitors the development and Implementation of MPB plans and activities in close consultation with counterparts
• Coordinates processes, joint project activities and work at the local/national and regional level (in special cases with the service provider)
• Coordinates Innovation, knowledge and quality management of the MPB component.
• Establishes and maintain a strong partnership with project stakeholders Supports project knowledge management
• Performs other duties and tasks at the request of the PMD Senior National Coordinator and the MPB-Ghana Manager in GI, Headquarters, Eschborn Germany
• A master’s degree in an area that is related to the project objectives, such as Migration Studies, Development Studies, International Relations/ Political Sciences, etc
• At least three (3) years of professional experience in a comparable position Excellent written and oral knowledge of English, good working knowledge of German would be an advantage
• Very good working knowledge of ICT (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
• Availability to travel frequently within the country, region and to Germany. Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed based on corresponding measures are agreed with management
There is no deadline set for this job position at the time of publishing but be sure to get in touch with the business for further details.
How To Apply
To apply for this position send your CV and application letter to the official website. Visit here to apply