Compassion International is a child sponsorship and Christian humanitarian aid organization headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado that aims to positively impact the long-term development of children living in poverty, globally.
As of 2019, the organization coordinated donations from at least ten participating countries, operated childhood programs in 25 impoverished countries (including Bolivia, Colombia, Mexico, Haiti, and Kenya), and involved more than two million participants, from infants through young adults, in its programs.
Listed below is all there is to know about the job
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence on greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to serve, respect, and empower the church according to principles outlined in Compassion’s ministry philosophies.
- Supports relationships with the Pastor, church or project staff and other key stakeholders. Builds respect and trust with the church and community by living out Compassion’s cultural behaviors in every interaction.
- Serves as Compassion’s key liaison with the church by providing resources to existing church partners in a way that is consistent with a developmental mindset.
- It helps churches to identify and utilize local resources, services, and relationships as well as maximize their own resources to support the ministry to children and youth.
- Assists with work, plans, and activities to reflect individual church needs. It helps churches implement plans to best grow in capacity and maturity.
- Supports and encourages cluster level activities and resources foster and connects relationships with the cluster for the purpose of improving ministry to children, peer-to-peer learning and addressing other needs in the families and the community.
- Encourages the participation of parents, children, and youth in all aspects of the ministry. Actively supports church involvement in the broader community as an agent of social transformation that promotes child development and child protection.
- Assists with the contextualization of child protection practices with church partners. Supports child protection investigation as necessary.
- Upholds partnership management strategic process objectives with the scope of own contributions.
- Uses metrics and feedback from the church to identify areas for self-development improvement.
- Coordinates with the appropriate Administrative Assistants as locally defined, and those in Program Support or Business Support who have responsibility for Compassion’s role in those deliverables to ensure quality and completion.
- May participate in the preparation and selective activities as guided by the country’s specific strategy.
- Utilize growing knowledge in partnership practices to meet expressed needs at the church partners and collaborates with appropriate functional specialists to apply solutions.
- Proactively seeks an understanding of details and needs of each church partners. Assists with the implementation of child and youth ministry at each church partner.
- Faith: Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Three years’ experience working in this or similar position or field.
- Work Environment: Field-based
- Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
- Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 50% of the normal schedule (This category/travel percentage reflects the percentage of time away from home overnight).
- Accomplishing the essential functions of this position may require daily visits throughout the assigned work area and regularly working outside the standard office.
There is no deadline set for this job position at the time of publishing but be sure to get in touch with the business for further details.
How To Apply
To apply for this position send your CV and application letter to the official website. Visit here to apply