The World Bank is an international financial institution that provides loans and grants to the governments of poorer countries for the purpose of pursuing capital projects.
It comprises two institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), and the International Development Association (IDA). The World Bank is a component of the World Bank Group.
Listed below is all there is to know about the job
- Assist with overseeing IFC activities in the country and act as a deputy to the Country Manager;
- Together with the Country Manager, oversee the implementation of IFC’s strategy in Ghana and the preparation of business plan updates as needed;
- Oversee the preparation of WBG strategy documents such as Country Strategies, Country Private Sector Diagnostics, and Country Partnership Frameworks;
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of the country and stay on top of key economic and political issues;
- Work with investment, advisory, upstream and relevant WBG teams to continue to roll out the IFC 3.0 strategy and develop the project pipeline;
- Build and maintain strong high-level relationships with the private sector, relevant government officials, key development partners, and WBG colleagues to support business development and portfolio management;
- Participate in client selection and help ensure that IFC is working with the right sponsors;
- Assist in project structuring and implementation using local market intelligence;
- Track the project pipeline and assist in moving transactions forward;
- Help manage development partner relations to support the raising of funds for advisory projects;
- Track and oversee the preparation of visiting missions/trips to the country;
- Contribute to the preparation of board papers and other documents, as needed;
- Develop a good understanding of the portfolio, assist with resolving issues and maintain good relationships with existing clients;
There is no deadline set for this job position at the time of publishing but be sure to get in touch with the business for further details.
How To apply
To apply for this position send your CV and application letter to the official website. Visit here to apply