AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation.
The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Central Control Room Lead – Surface Electrical & Instrumentation.
- Work according to total quality management principles & ensure zero-defect objectives & safety
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Gather information for the CIC Superintendent – Surface Mine Infrastructure for reporting performance
- Ensure Safe Process operation and optimization (start-up/shut-down, adjusting set-points of control loops and monitoring the process to deliver target production and quality results)
- Communicate with other plant workers and provide them with direction and guidance
- Communicate with maintenance personnel on the plants to coordinate the safe start-up and shut-down of equipment for maintenance work
- Communicate with and provide feedback to the operational team on process performance
- Assist the Surface E&I Superintendent to develop condition monitoring routes and checks for infrastructure equipment;
- Analyze and trend predictive maintenance data (vibration, temperature, etc.) to determine control infrastructure condition and report this condition for action
- Monitor general physical condition of Central Control Room assets and report
- Monitor preventive and corrective actions as necessary
- Generate work requests in SAP as required for refurbishment/maintenance planning and scheduling
- Identify, communicate, and implement potential cost reduction initiatives
- Propose cost savings projects
- Execute work in a timely manner
- Monitor equipment performance using data and historical trends to take proactive measures to address symptoms of potential process disturbances and equipment failure.
- Report directly to the CIC Superintendent on issues and identify and execute improvement projects
- Stop equipment from working if there exists a high risk or unsafe to be used
Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering or equivalent
CLOSING DATE: 30TH JUNE, 2020.
How To Apply
To apply for this position send your CV and application letter to the official website. Visit here to apply