AngloGold Ashanti (iduapriem) Limited (AAIL) (a subsidiary of Anglo Gold Ashanti Limited) operates the combined Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pit gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a workforce of over 1,400, including contractors.
AngloGold Ashanti (iduapriem) Limited (AAIL) is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the role of Geologist – GeoMetallurgy.
- Collect and record mineral and processing analytical samples and data from test sites
- Analyze geological and metallurgical data using software computer applications
- Advise managerial technical staff on the development of Geomet Models
- Develop and manage 3D geological models of GeoMetallurgy performance
- Develop data collection methodologies to feed into the models
- Develop and supervise monitoring processes to evaluate the accuracy of the models Understand the latest Equotip techniques for the characterization of mineralogy and supporting analytical techniques.
- Collect ore samples for laboratory analysis.
- Perform Geochemical mineralogical or microscopic examinations of rocks collected in the field or laboratory
- BSc in Geological Engineering, Geosciences, or Earth Science.
- Minimum of two (2) years working experience in the field as a geologist either in open-pit operations, mining or both
- Proven experience in data collection using modern Equotip technique instrument
- Ability to work under pressure with quality of work as a priority.
- Advantageous to have used FUSION, ACQUIRE or similar Database and understand geological modeling packages.
- Medical fitness for the position as well as the environment
- Possess valid Ghanaian Driving Licence and ability to drive Light Vehicle
3rd July 2020
How To Apply
Interested candidate must submit their application letter and Cv to the address below
The Senior Manager
AngloGold Ashanti (Iduapriem) Limited
P.O. Box 283 Tarkwa