(GFG) is presently the number one gold mining company and largest gold producer in Ghana, with annual production in excess of 935,000 ounces from its two operating mines at Damang and Tarkwa.
The Company’s symbol or totem which is very representative of its nature is the head of the lion.
The company is hiring experienced and educated individuals for the position
- Work closely with technical disciplines to ensure alignment with the business as per the ICT Approved Charter and delivery model.
- Identify and proactively manage system requirements, and participate in the testing of software upgrades and modifications.
- Identify relevant projects aimed at achieving Regional IT strategic goals; specify appropriate business case (requirements) and provide recommendations, i.e. technical solutions.
- Ensure adherence to the ICT architecture, established technology standards, frameworks and policies.
- Coordinate all ICT operational activities at the Regional Office.
- Standardizing policies, procedures and processes for managing Technical application projects in line with “the Gold Fields way” framework.
- Manage IT service level agreements with third party suppliers and ensure the provision of tailored solutions to the Regional Office.
- Develop new technologies, methods and procedures necessary to improve ICT systems and services.
- Drive innovation through the contextualization, definition, developing and implementation of innovative opportunities.
- Coordinate ICT adherence to the approved governance, risk compliance, standard, security and architecture frameworks
- Tertiary qualification in Information Technology or Computer Science/Engineering
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ work experience in an IT environment within the mining industry
- In-depth knowledge in IT architecture, IT service management (ITSM) and project management
- Working knowledge and experience in the maintenance of an Information Security Management (ISMS) aligned to ISO 27001 standards
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to interact with people of diverse cultures and levels
- Excellent understanding of continual improvement, information risk management processes, software applications, and global ICT trends
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals, procedural documentation and OEM guides
- Medical fitness for the position and environment
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian drivers’ license and ability to drive light vehicles
Interested candidate must submit their application letter and Cv before 3rd September 2020
How To Apply
To apply for this position send your CV and application letter to the official website. Visit here to apply