Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem.
As Head of HR, your main responsibilities will be to manage all ~250 employees and transition HR strategy to growth and people development including all aspects of recruiting, onboarding, social relations, training, retention, growth, office management and offboarding. Your responsibilities will include, without being limited to:
- Problem solving ability;
- Demonstrates operational and strategic skills;
- Experience of acting as a role model;
- Comfortable in developing team members and empowering staff;
- Rigorous management of results;
- Brand Notoriety; Employee Engagement; Innovation and Change;
- Able to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions;
- Ability to inspire confidence through timely delivery of information and plans;
- Works independently, consults where appropriate;
- Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions, evaluate people, manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment and effectively interface with business and function leaders in a global matrix organization;
- Outstanding communication, coaching, influencing and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization;
- Passionate, wants to make a difference in the organization;
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in HR;
- Master’s degree in business administration, Human Resources or related field is required;
- Thorough working knowledge of MS Office, e.g. solid and sound Excel knowledge .
There is no deadline set for this job position at the time of publishing but be sure to get in touch with the business for further details.
How To Apply
To apply for this position send your CV and application letter to the official website. Visit here to apply