Hoteliers since 1897, we have traveled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service.
The overall scope of this role is to be able to perform all duties assigned by the Controller and to be able to carry out the function so the Controller during his/her absence. To safeguard the financial integrity and stability of the hotel and minimize any exposure to potential risks.
- Responsible for following and understanding all Kempinski Policies & Procedures.
- Responsible for behaving in a professional and harmonious manner and following the Kempinski code of conduct.
- Responsible for understanding and having a working knowledge of all areas in accounting and being able to assist or cover a position if needed.
- Responsible for ensuring that local legislation and procedures are followed.
- Responsible for preparing journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations during month-end closing.
- Responsible for ensuring that all journal entries are accurate and have been signed off before posting.
- Responsible for ensuring that all balance sheet accounts are in good order and up to date.
- Responsible for preparing or overseeing the preparation of all tax returns.
- Responsible for ensuring that all fees are calculated accurately and comply with the Management Agreements.
- Responsible for assisting the Controller with forecasting and budgeting.
- Responsible for performing any controller tasks during his absence.
- Responsible for hiring, motivating, counseling, coaching, evaluating, scheduling, etc, of the Accounting staff.
- Responsible for assisting department heads with making relevant and accurate decisions on financial matters.
- Responsible for continuously looking for improvements and ways to enhance efficiencies.
- Responsible for performing any additional duties assigned by the controller and assisting in all areas of Finance as needed.
- Responsible for communicating with the controller on any discrepancies or other potential problems.
- College education or equivalent experience. Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years in an accounting management position
- 2+ years as assistant financial controller
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- Ability to handle high volume with attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times
- English – excellent oral and written skills
- Additional language – beneficial
- Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner
- Computer literacy adapted to the field of training:
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Experience in respective accounting software is a plus
- Knowledge of the generally accepted accounting principles, PCI DSS and local regulations
- Experience in reporting, forecasting and budgeting
There is no deadline set for this job position at the time of publishing but be sure to get in touch with the business for further details.
How To Apply
To apply for this position send your CV and application letter to the official website. Visit here to apply