The Ministry of Education is a multi portfolio government ministry of Ghana, responsible for the governance and management of Ghana’s education
• Provide Leadership in the review and finalisation of existing draft Gender Policy to address issues of GIS impacting the education sector.
Align the Gender Policy of the MoE with the National Gender Policy, the national level framework spearheaded by the Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection
• Work with MOE/GES to align gender, inclusion and safeguarding issues into programme interventions including Advocacy, Organisational Development, Research Design/facilitate capability strengthening activities for gender leads within the MoE and its agencies
Train and support Staff of the MoE and GES to conduct gender analysis, incorporate findings and design Annual Road Maps to monitor progress.
Work closely with PTD, NIB and RS staff and Reform Owners to develop and implement appropriate messaging plans on GIS Develop annual work plans in collaboration with MoE/GES/NIB staff, and con tribute inputs to all reporting mechanisms.
• Provide leadership in designing appropriate psychosocial training programmes relevant for teachers and children in response to Covid-19 school closures and reopening
• Support District/Regional Girls Education officers to implement school-based gender, inclusion, and activities.
Develop a comprehensive publicity and communication strategy, including media engagement on gender issues regarding education in Ghana.
• Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Gender Studies, or other relevant fields
• Minimum of 10-15 years’ experience in implementing development activities, related to gender integration and inclusion. Experience working on donor programs and knowledge on donor approaches to gender sensitivity and inclusion.
A minimum of 10-15 years working in gender, youth, and vulnerable populations and effectively integrating gender considerations into development projects. Experience implementing programs related to countering trafficking-in-per sons, prevention of sexual and gender-based violence and child
Closing Date: 28th August, 2020
How To Apply
To apply for this position send your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org