As a unique brand that has remained the market leader for twenty-one years and still counting, Voltic has become a generic name for mineral and bottled water in Ghana through the provision of world-class products known for good quality and natural freshness.
Voltic Ghana Limited is hiring experienced and educated individuals for the position
Recruitment of Maintenance Controller
1.Perfect qu Asset Care
• Partake in the development of the asset care plan for the packaging plant, contributing suggestions, and providing expert advice.
• Support the implementation of the asset care plan for the Packaging plant, ensuring the MAS’s, PA’s and operational teams have the required technical competencies to execute the plan
• Ensure that asset care competencies are developed in the Packaging Engineering team. Where training needs have been identified, ensure these are addressed.
• Ensure that asset care goals are incorporated into the MAS’s team and individual goals
• Support the implementation of the Predictive Maintenance Strategy, including the Condition Monitoring program
• Where required, participate in the OEM SPP (Supplier Partnering Programme) meetings
• Is the custodian of and ensure Engineering Change Management Procedure adherence
• Is accountable for the execution of the technical gap plan for the plant
• Ensure audit compliance with the asset care program
• Exercise budgetary controls over the asset care requirements e.g. spares
• Support the development of the maintenance budget for the plant
2. Plant Reliability
• Responsible for the reliability and uptime of the Packaging plant.
• Ensure the execution of maintenance / extended maintenance work
• Lead the Packaging Engineering team in the provision of asset care and engineering support to the shift based production teams.
• Support packaging performance improvement by conducting and leading performance optimization initiatives.
• Ensure that predictive maintenance techniques are implemented correctly.
• Ensure spares needed to support asset management program are available on time and within costs
• Verify that the technical teams are carrying out routine and planned maintenance, and validates the quality of work.
• Ensure compliance to maintenance planning and execution of maintenance outage
• Ensure that Maintenance packages are updated and effective and that all Engineering changes are executed
• Confirms that spares and special tools are available
• Coordinate and control MAS’s availability for the maintenance day.
• Review plant reliability to ensure equipment is operating optimally and to identify problems or opportunities timeously.
• Take part in maintenance problem solving, and ensure that the Packaging Engineering team is applying the correct problem-solving techniques.
• Ensure that Technical gaps are closed within budget
• Develop and control maintenance cost plans and CAPEX
3. Plant Optimisation
• Evaluate impact of new plant and equipment, and recommend changes.
• Have a working understanding of plant operation and associated Work Instructions and/or procedures.
• Analyse plant failure modes and investigate causes for repeat failures to identify and correct root causes.
• Take part in evaluating continuous improvement opportunities identified by the production teams or engineering support.
• Ensure that continuous improvement is built into the MAS’s team goals, and forms part of regular goal review sessions.
4. Team Leadership and Management
• Lead the MAS’s team in a manner that engenders ownership, empowerment, and team interaction.
• Lead the development of MAS’s team goals and ensure these are communicated and understood by team members.
• Entrench a high-performance culture by conducting regular Packaging Engineering team goal review sessions, one-on-ones, and performance reviews.
• Ensure training needs analysis is conducted and training plans developed for team members.
• Ensure appropriate competencies are developed in the team, and ensure multi-skilling occurs within the Packaging team. (this includes evaluation of workmanship of teams)
• Manage Contracted-out maintenance services by ensuring that the service supplied is in strict accordance with supply scheme contract and that of service and product reliability, quality, cost, and the service providers own employee behavior is acceptable while on site
- Minimum requirement: Minimum N6 electrical with instrumentation
- Added advantage: 4-year tertiary engineering qualification
- Finance/Budget controlling
- Result and Execution Driven
- Resilient and energetic
- Ability to implement effective problem-solving.
- Team player with outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Enquiring and analytical thinking ability.
- A self-starter with high energy and a bias for action.
- In-depth knowledge of the Processing, Utilities, and Packaging process.
- Ability to effectively manage vendors.
- Ability to implement MES & MIS application systems
- Ability to effectively manage vendors.
quality with minimal waste through optimum maintenance
Recruitment of Process Operator
Execute Planned Maintenance Activities:
• Perform routine checklist and report all abnormalities to Manufacturing Team Leader.
• Maintenance and repairs carried out as per works order. Meeting all the quality requirements.
• Information collated, documented and feedback provided to relevant customers.
Provide 1st line breakdown support:
• Failures/ problems/ deviations investigated and root causes identified, verified and corrective action taken according to procedures.
• Spares and tools obtained using the appropriate systems as per work instruction
Constant evaluation on lines to detect abnormalities:
• Understand which parts of the machinery needs particular attention. Constantly assess equipment operation in order to detect in advance any potential break-downs.
• Make sound judgements about whether or not to stop the machine when problems are identified
• Avoid waste and reduce time taken for finding tools and spare parts
• Predict breakdowns and carry out improvements to reduce these
• Improve safety of work and machinery.
• Operator controlled system and process issues identified.
• Operators coached and trained to perform activities (within their scope of expertise) to ensure proper asset care.
• Coaching provided on autonomous maintenance activities.
Judgement and decision making
• Maintain the equipment according to good maintenance practices.
• Assess proper functioning of working machinery and request for repairs or replacement in case of need.
• Assess nature of repair on working machines depending on the nature of defect as a quick fix, replacement, or major overhaul.
Operation on the Production Lines
- Operate the manufacturing lines for the production
- Assess the lines regular to prevent a breakdown during manufacturing
- Maintain parts of the manufacturing lines meeting regular timelines
• The ability to display a clear understanding of technical or professional aspects of work.
• The ability to plan a task, job, or project realistically, structuring work, appropriately allocating time and resources.
• The ability to seek and consider all possible and relevant information, conceptualize problems for problem-solving and decision making with due regard to implications.
• Ability to hold self and others accountable for measurable high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results and keeping commitments.
• Ensure compliance with company policies, procedures, and legislation.
• Competence in specific psychometric/physical abilities
Demonstrates ability to work constructively within a team to accomplish organizational goals; taking actions that
Recruitment of Team Leader Packaging
1. People practices
• Coach team members in the correct execution of their tasks (operational and technical).
• Check and ensure that team members monitor process input and outputs in order to obtain the desired results
• Drives performance management practices (e.g. Performance Management Way – leading the development of team goals and carrying out team meetings and team goal review sessions.
• Manage human resource availability, leave and resource deployment
• Drive team member development
2. To drive WCM initiatives on own shift
• Communicates work practice deployment plans and ensures team buy-in
• Coaches team members on work practice Implementation
• Coaches team members situational problem solving
• Ensures that team members implement and adhere to divisional standards
3. Operating and Process Control
• Ensuring that team members understand and adhere to the operational, quality and process standards, work instructions and maintenance schedules, work practice deployment plans, and performance targets.
• Review and sign off of shift performance (QCDSM) and ensuring that all required administrative tasks in support of the production team are carried out.
• Manage immediate material availability needs
• Decide on a course of action resolve problems where production problems have been escalated
4. Maintenance of Plant and Equipment
• Check that the team members, carry out required autonomous maintenance tasks and any required running repairs on the shift in accordance with work instructions and maintenance schedules
• Ensure that the process artisan carries out repairs on shift and coaches the team members on autonomous maintenance activities and carries out work in support of the maintenance specialists.
• Participates in maintenance planning meetings to highlights maintenance problems requiring attention.
• Where maintenance issues have been escalated to the team leader, the team leader with the brewing technician artisan must provide guidance and call in additional resources if required.
5. Quality Control and Analysis
• Ensure that the team members understand and adhere to quality standards
• Verifies that team members carry out routine quality checks and analysis according to the work instructions.
• Carry out quality trend analysis to identify problems and decide on the appropriate course of action to resolve issues
• Ensures that problem-solving takes place to identify/rectify the root cause of quality issues
• Ensures that the appropriate quality information is logged as per schedule (manually and/or electronically)
• Communicate team goals and regularly review to ensure team alignment
• Prepare for the daily shift meeting by reviewing past shift performance and identifying issues for team discussion.
• Ensure that visual management boards are updated prior to shift meetings
• Lead the daily shift meeting, making use of a standard agenda, and ensuring that team members actively partake.
• Ensure that issues and opportunities raised during the daily shift meetings are recorded on the gap list for action and that these actions have accountabilities and due dates assigned.
• Coach and support team members in using the correct problem-solving techniques (such as 5Why, quick fix, OPL’s, etc.) to solve situational problems.
• Where problems have been resolved, verify that the problem has been eliminated and ensure that work instructions are updated
• Escalate problems that could not be resolved at shift level to the Level 2 team (technical meeting)
• Understanding of The Manufacturing Way / Supply Chain ways / Lean practices and principles
• Thorough knowledge of all aspects of Packaging processes
• MS Office skills
• A self-starter with high energy levels.
• Ability to identify gaps and initiate improvement activities.
• Understanding of SHE policies and procedures
• The People Way and Company labor relations practices
Recruitment of Machine Specialist
1. Operational Support
• Provide specialist support to the shift based teams during operations. This will include standby and day shift support.
• Where requested, assist as a functional expert in problem-solving. This must be undertaken in support of the process artisan.
• Provide guidance and advice to the shift based teams on machine operation, machine fault-finding, and correct responses to machine failure modes.
• Provide coaching, mentoring, and knowledge transfer of machine operation to shift based teams.
• Review SIC’s and address deviations regularly
• Take part, as a functional expert, in regional and central plant optimization trials.
• Development of work instructions related to equipment.
• Monitor and manage the performance of equipment.
• Ability to work shifts and be available on call-out where necessary
• Verify and ensure that machines are running at rated speed
2. Planned Maintenance
• Take part in a maintenance planning meeting, contributing suggestions and clarifying work required
• Carry out work during the planned maintenance window in accordance with the planned maintenance schedule issued by the Planner.
• Where scheduled work cannot be completed, feedback to the Maintenance Planner for direction. This may involve rescheduling the work or prioritizing outstanding work.
• Assist fellow team members in the execution of their tasks during planned maintenance windows.
• Complete any administration and SAP tasks in support of planned maintenance periods.
• Partake in maintenance post mortems to feedback problems, opportunities and learning are from maintenance activities.
• Optimisation of maintenance schedules
• Coach/train Operators on autonomous maintenance tasks
3. Routine Maintenance
• Partake in cleaning, lubrication, and inspection in accordance with the maintenance schedule issued by the Maintenance Planner.
• Carry out routine maintenance activities in accordance with the maintenance schedule.
• Where problems have been uncovered during routine maintenance, these must be resolved using the appropriate problem-solving techniques.
• Where problems have been uncovered, and it is required to include the work in the planned maintenance schedule, this must be communicated to the maintenance planner.
• Carry out condition monitoring activities where these have been allocated to the technician in accordance with the CM schedule.
4. Running Repairs
• Partake in carrying out running repairs on plant and equipment, or support the shift artisans in carrying out repairs.
• When carrying out repairs, assess the problem, and determine a course of action.
• Solicits external specialist assistance where required; e.g. OEM’s (as agreed with the Packaging Engineer).
• Verify that running repairs carried out address the problems
• Complete the administration tasks relating to any running repairs that the technician has carried out. This includes all SAP inputs.
• Where running repairs cannot be carried out communicates this to the Maintenance Planner to ensure the work is planned into the next planned maintenance window.
5. Problem Solving
• Apply the correct problem solving methodologies to resolve problems
• Solicit additional resources to assist in problems solving or escalate to the Maintenance Planner or Packaging Engineer for direction.
• Assist /coach fellow team members to resolve problems.
• Take part, as a functional expert, situational and systemic problem solving.
6. Housekeeping and safety
• Operate in a safe manner at all times, and to identify and highlight unsafe work practices so that these may be corrected.
• Carry out work according to the work instructions and adhering to appropriate CCBA policies and procedures.
• Carry out housekeeping tasks, and apply 4S principles during the execution of their duties
7. Support NPD implementation and trials:
• Support NPD trials to be able to run on assets
• Ensure adherence to NPD procedures
• Ensure all changes on assets are well documented as per the Engineering Change Management business processes
8. Training and Development
• Train, coach, assess and sign-off PA’s and Operators on asset care and autonomous maintenance
• Development of operational and technical standards and work instructions
• National Higher Diploma (Mechanical / electrical with some instrumentation) as added advantage
• 5 years’ work experience (FMCG an added advantage)
Recruitment of Procurement Manager
- Strategic Business and Procurement alignment (Strategic Procurement Management)
- Manage the country/local Procurement organization
- Support key sourcing initiatives and management of selected key suppliers for Local Sourced Categories
- Support Group CCBA Procurement category execution by leading contract implementation & driving contract compliance
- Manage supplier relationships on country level
- Manage internal customer relationships and satisfaction on country level
- Drive Procurement performance efficiency and capacity optimization
- Procurement Finance Management and Administration
- Drive High Performance Capability and Lead Procurement function Development
Minimum requirement: Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain or related field.
Added advantage: CIPS / MCIPS Certification.
5+ years of leadership experience (especially in people management) in operational procurement and 3+ years in strategic sourcing environments in a variety of Procurement roles.
Experience with all modern major forms of contract and sound understanding of the legal aspects of Procurement.
Recognized qualification in procurement would be considered an asset. In depth knowledge of procurement, preferably working in an international environment will be a benefit. Sound knowledge of Master Data Management and relevance, Procurement Operating Centre management experience and Category Manager experience will be an added advantage.
Closing Date : 4 Sept, 2020
How To Apply
To apply for this position send your CV and application letter to the official website. Visit here to apply