AngloGold ASHANTI (IDUAPRIEM) LIMITED (A subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited) operates the combined Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a workforce of over 1400, including contractors.
AngloGold Ashanti (Iduapriem) Limited (AAIL) is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the role of Geologist – Exploration for a period of six (6) months
- Assist in planning and implementation of surface exploration on regional licences, including project logistics, providing relevant process expertise and oversight.
- Perform scouting of exploration activities on the lease Collect and evaluate regional geological, geochemical and geophysical data and information
- Assist in analytical compilation and assessment of regional exploration data and results Maintain high-quality data collection, management, and storage.
- Assist in the interpretation of geophysical and geochemical data and its resulting target generating exercise.
- Geological mapping and sampling of anomalies develop and rank Au targets for follow-up testing, drilling supervision and logging Monthly Reporting on Exploration progress and interpretation of results and data for Regional targets
- Collate all weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly exploration costs against budget, produce technical reports on regional exploration activities over these periods and prepare regional exploration monthly accruals.
- Ensure all geological duties on regional exploration assets and / or projects are carried out in a timely and effective manner.
- Provide training and supervision to Field Technicians
- BSc in Geology, Geological Engineering, Geophysics Geosciences or Earth Science from a recognized institution
- Operation and sampling
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in the mining exploration industry with a drill rig
- Experience in mapping, sedimentological core logging, exploration RC & D drilling, and sampling
- Computer literate and the ability to use mining and exploration software to analyze numerical and graphical data
- GIS application in mineral exploration and knowledgeable in both sedimentary and hydrothermal deposits systematically and not under pressure with quality of work as a priority
- Ability to work
- Abie to identify risk analyze and solve problems and good communication skills
- Be able to embrace new techniques and technologies, and be interested in keeping up to date on industry requirements and advancements
- Have a good work ethic and be goal-oriented
- Medical Fitness for the position and the environment
- Possess valid Ghanaian Driving Licence and ability to drive Light Vehicle
Thursday, 10 September 2020.
How To Apply
To apply for this position send your CV and application letter with the subject line Geologist Exploration to AAIL.Recruitment@Anglogoldashanti.com