AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently in a redevelopment phase which will lead to a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
To provide direct Mining Technical support services to the AGA operating assets and development projects in order to achieve business objectives/targets and to develop drill and blast guidelines and procedures to optimize ore extraction.
- Assist the Senior Drill and Blast engineer to map key internal stakeholder relationships and value with relevant management routines (communication, touchpoints, key meetings)
- Implement QAQC program for continuous improvement
- In cooperation with Senior Engineers initiate and implement Drill & Blast programs which includes but not limited to the following:
- Drill equipment locations, performance and priorities tracker
- Drill and Blast schedule in tandem with 3 monthly rolling forecasts
- Drilled and broken inventory tracker
- Under the supervision of the Senior Drill and Blast Engineer, provide Drill & Blast planning data to enable the quarterly updates of the rolling 18-month plan to be produced on time.
- Participate in developing the annual Drill & Blast cost center budget to achieve the required targets for achieving annual, medium-term, and Life of Mine (LoM) business plans
- Assist the Senior Drill and Blast Engineer to deliver the work of the Drill & Blast function within approved budget targets and specified timeframes, costs, and related KPIs
- Demonstrate personal safety and environmental accountability and assist in promoting the Culture across the Drill & Blast department regarding Safety, Health, Environmental and Sustainable Development
- Work alongside with peers to capably and consistently deliver the annual budget, according to their role and level of authority
- Rigorously drive implementation of projects assigned to him/her by superiors and nurture and sustain a culture of Accountability and Continuous Improvement within the Drill & Blast function
- Assist in developing and maintaining constructive relationships with Internal Stakeholders (Corporate, Group Planning & Technical, sister mines, Mining Contractor, etc.) and external Stakeholders (Regulatory Agencies and Authorities, Minerals Commission) to establish existing and changing societal and regulatory expectations and requirements
- BSc. Mining / Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Minimum of two (2) years’ proven experience in underground mine planning/technical department;
- Experience in DTH rigs and long-hole drill design essential;
- Proficient with Mine Planning Software (preferably Datamine and Surpac) and knowledge of MS Office Suites;
- Knowledge of Underground drill and blast design software e.g Ring king or Aegis essential. Advantageous for candidates with Aegis experience
- Knowledge of a variety of mining methods applicable to the site
- Excellent Communication Skills.
19 Oct, 2020
How To Apply
To apply for this position send your CV and application letter to the official website. Visit here to apply