Wesley College of Education is a teacher education college in Kumasi, Ashanti Region in Ghana. It was initially established for the training of teachers, catechists, and ministers. It was founded by the Methodist Church, located between New Tafo and Old Tafo towns
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Wesley College Of Education Recruitment 2020.
1. College Librarian At Wesley College of Education Recruitment 2020
- The College Librarian provides leadership in advancing the college’s teaching and research mission through a clear vision of the library’s role, comprehensive strategic planning, incorporation of emerging technology, sound fiscal management, and engagement of all members in the college community
- He or she overall responsible for the library, research, and information needs of the college community
- Drawing up and monitoring the implementation of the college library strategic plan
- Directing and coordinating the components of the library i.e staff, services, collections, and external relations
- Establishing and maintaining procedures, policies, and systems that make for efficient library operation
- Planning, organizing, coordinating, and measuring the work activities of all library personnel
- Representing the library in contacts with administration and committees of the college
- Collaborating with the relevant and appropriate institutional libraries and organizations within and outside the country in order to keep up with development trends and attain exposure to developed systems
- Applicant must possess a postgraduate degree in a library and information-related field.
- He/She must have served as Deputy librarian in a college of Education or comparable grade in a similar institution/organization for least 4 years
2. Internal Auditor At Wesley College of Education Recruitment 2020
- The Internal Auditor will provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the college’s operations
- He/She will help the college accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic disciplined approach to evaluate and improve risk management, control, and governance processes
- Determining the reliability and adequacy of accounting, financial and operational controls
- Evaluate the procedures of the college to determine whether results are consistent with stated objectives and goals
- Monitoring compliance with established policies, plan and procedures
- Appraising the quality of performance of those carrying out assigned responsibilities
- Assessing the extent to which assets are accounted for and safeguarded against losses
- Ensuring the reliable records form the basis for the preparation of appropriate financial and other data provided for decision making
- Drawing the principal’s attention to deficiencies in the system, instances of duplicated functions, waste or other inefficiencies with recommendations for remedies where necessary
- Carrying out special reviews of accounting and internal control systems with the view to minimsing weakness
- Applicant must hold a good first degree or comparable qualification plus a relevant professional or a Master’s degree in the relevant area.
- He or She must be a member of a recognized accountancy professional association as well as a member of the institution of internal auditors.
- He/She must have served as a Deputy Internal Auditor in a college comparable grade in a similar institution/organization for at least 4 years
3. Principal At Wesley College of Education Recruitment 2020
- The Principal serves as Academic and Administrative Head, as well as the Chief Disciplinary Officer of the college
- He or she is responsible for organ sing and conducting the academic, financial, and administrative business of the college in accordance with the statutes and decisions of the council and academic board
The applicant must:
- Have an Advanced Research Degree (Ph.D. is an added advantage)
- Have good character and a high degree of personal integrity and must be a distinguished master teacher and scholar in teaching and learning
- Be at least a Senior Lecturer or a Principal Tutor in a college education or a comparable grade in a similar institution/organization
Note: All applicants must request 2 referees to submit reports on them directly to the above address.
Application Deadline: 18th December 2020.
How to Apply for Wesley College Of Education Recruitment
Interested applicants must submit 6 copies of their application package, including curriculum vitae, a two-page vision statement for the college, certificates, and any other relevant documents to the address below:
Wesley College of Education
Post Office Box 1927