Who are the richest men in Ghana right now? Here’s a list of the wealthiest Ghanaian men and their current net worth.
Do you want to know how much Ghana’s top 10 richest men who invest more into their businesses are worth? Read to the end of this article to find out!
With the recent growth of Ghana’s economy in the past few years, there are some people whose fortunes have significantly grown or were still the same even despite the country’s hardships.
Indeed, Ghana is a blessed country. The country has wealthy people who are boosting its economy and offering employment to the unemployed. No doubt, sooner or later, the richest man in Ghana might join the list of the world’s wealthiest people.
The rich have always made it a habit to invest their money into profitable ventures, a habit that has seen them become more successful in life.
It is no easy task finding and rating the richest politicians in Ghana. This is primarily because most wealthy people hardly want to showcase or flaunt their wealth.
The Top 10 Richest Men In Ghana and their Current Net Worth
1. Charles Ampofo – $1.46 Billion
- Net Worth: $1.46 billion
- Age: 62 years (as of 2022)
- Source of wealth: Kampac group
- Locality: Gold Coast
Who is the richest man in Ghana? Charles Ampofo is the richest Ghanaian business mogul. He made his money from investments and other endeavors that put his fortune into billions of dollars. Charles is one of the few billionaires in Ghana currently.
Charles Ampofo is the brain behind the reputable and thriving Kampac Group. The company deals in oil transactions in Dubai and the Philippines. He is the Founder and Chairman of the Oil Company and the richest politician in Ghana. The Group, whose primary business is Kampac Oil, also engages in other activities.
Other companies under it include Kampac Resources, Kampac Travels, Kampac Properties, KampacFlora, and Kampac Telecom. Apart from being the chairman of his company, Mr. Ampofo is also a Fortune Forum Group member. He has been a member of the group for over 12 years.
What is Charles Ampofo’s net worth? Charles Ampofo is the Forbes richest man in Ghana, with a net worth of $1.46 billion.
2. Ernesto Taricone – $1.3 Billion
- Net Worth: $1.3 billion
- Age: 54 years (as of 2022)
- Source of wealth: Agro Business, construction, mining, design, and real estate development
- Locality: Greater Accra, Ghana
You have probably heard of the name, considering his vast wealth and wide range of investments in Ghana and abroad. Ernesto is the Trasacco Group head, a conglomerate with vested interests in agriculture, mining, forestry, and real estate. He has a net worth of around $1.3 billion making him one of the most influential Ghanaian billionaires.
3. Dr. Sam E. Jonah – $1.2 Billion
- Net Worth: $1.2 billion
- Age: 73 years (as of 2022)
- Source of wealth: Mining sector, real estate, agriculture, constructions, financial services, oil and gas services
- Locality: Obuasi
He is the executive chairman of Jonah Capital, which is located in South Africa.
Sir Sam is a distinguished Ghanaian businessman. He has reached the prime of his career with a net worth of around $1.3 billion. Most of his business ventures are based in South Africa. His line of business is oil, mining, agriculture, finance, and real estate, among others.
He has led different organizations such as Ashanti Goldfields which merged with AngloGold in 2004. The merger was worth $1.48 billion.
4. Dr. Kwame Addo Kufuor – $1.2 Billion
- Net Worth: $1.2 billion
- Source of wealth: Insurance, Banking, Real Estates, Farming, Mining, and Media
- Locality: Kumasi region
Who is the richest politician in Ghana right now? Currently, Dr. Kwame Addo Kufuor is the richest Ghanaian politician. He made his wealth not only from politics but through investments and other endeavors that put his fortune into billions of dollars.
Dr. Kwame Addo Kufuor is a Ghanaian politician and physician who was a Member of Parliament. He represented the people of Manhyia from 2001 to 2007. He was also the Minister for Defence under President John Kufuor, his brother.
In 2008, he became the Minister of the Interior. Later in 2017, he was appointed as Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Social Security and National Insurance Trust, the state pension fund by President Nana Akufo Addo.
He is the president of the Ghana Chamber of Mines as well as Kojo. He is also the COO and investment banker of Ghana Home Loans.
Kwabena owns a significant number of shares in UniBank. He is also the Chief Executive Officer of the House of Duffour Asset Holdings. The company is likely to be affiliated with his family or belongs to him alone, as the name suggests. Also, Ghana considers him the founding father of The Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS).
What is Dr. Kwame Addo Kufuor’s net worth? Ghanaian entrepreneur, Dr. Kwame Addo Kufuor has a current net worth of $1.2 billion. With a fortune worth billions, Dr. Kwame Addo Kufuor makes it to the list of richest politicians in Ghana.
5. John Dramani Mahama – $900 Million
John Dramani Mahama is a Ghanaian politician who was the president of Ghana from 2012 to 2017 after the death of his predecessor, the late Prof. John Atta Mills. Before he was president, he was a vice president from January 2009 to July 2012.
Apart from his political aspirations, Mahama is a communications expert, historian, and writer. He has had a history in the political arena since 1996 when he became a Member of Parliament.
His wealth is attributed to the various powerful positions he has held in the country. For instance, he also served as the Minister for Communications and MP for Bole Bamboi.
What is John Mahama’s net worth? Politician and businessman, John Dramani Mahama currently has a net worth of $900 million and is among the richest men in Ghana.
6. Nabil Edmond Moukarzel – $900 Million
- Net Worth: $900 million
- Source of wealth: Food manufacturing and distribution firms
- Locality: West Africa
Nabil joins the list of rich personalities in Ghana with a net worth of $900 million. He owns the most significant share in Fintrade, one of the largest food manufacturing and distribution firms in West Africa.
The company has other subsidiaries, including Akufo Adamfo, Ghana Market Direct Ltd, Continental Commodity Trading Company, Sucatrade, and many more.
7. Michael Ibrahim Mahama – $860 Million
- Net Worth: $860 million
- Age: 51 years (as of 2022)
- Source of wealth: Mining, construction, and civil works, hiring heavy-duty equipment, and consulting services.
- Locality: Cairo
Michael Ibrahim Mahama is a businessman and one of the most popular rich men in Ghana. Michael has an impressive reputation in the private sector with a net worth of $860 million.
He drew his inspiration from his father, who happens to be a renowned business person too. Michael majors in the mining industry, and most people recognize him from his managing role at the Engineers and Planners organization.
He is also the proud owner of various businesses in Ghana. He is a sibling to former president John Mahama. The tycoon has businesses linked to the mining industry.
8. Alhaji Mohammed Ahmed Odyamat – $850 Million
- Net Worth: $850 million
- Age: 53 years (as of 2022)
- Source of wealth: Systems integration, software development, and IT skill-development programs
- Locality: Akwatia Constituency
Alhaji Mohammed is a Ghanaian of Lebanese origin with a net worth of $850 million, making him one of Ghana’s rich men. He has numerous investments, including a business engagement with BBC Industrial (Ghana) Limited, whereby he serves as the Board Chairman.
9. The Irani Family – $800 Million
- Net Worth: $800 million
- Source of wealth: Inheritance and flour
- Locality: Accra Ghana
Who are the Irani family in Ghana? These are two brothers, Edmund Irani and Anthony Irani. The family is behind the company Brothers & Others Limited, one of the largest and most popular wheat flour companies in Ghana. They have created jobs for more than 400 people and account for about 60% of wheat flour sales in the country. Their estimated net worth is believed to be $800 million.
10. Kwame Despite – $800 Million
- Net Worth: $800 million
- Age: 60 years (as of 2022)
- Source of wealth: Despite Company Ltd (owner)
- Locality: Agona Wiamoase
Kwame Despite is one of the richest men in Ghana at the moment. He owns many companies, and his success has impacted the lives of many both in and outside the country. Kwame Despite’s net worth is roughly $800 million.
He is the owner of the Despite Company Ltd, which is a trading company with subsidiaries in the media industry, namely, PEACE FM, which is the largest and the most popular FM station in the country, OKAY FM station, NEAT FM, both in Accra and HELLO FM station in Kumasi.
Who is the richest man in Ghana?
The Ghanaian billionaire list is fascinating, considering how certain personalities have been increasing their wealth over time. A majority of them hold shares in some of the major companies in Ghana and other parts of the world, increasing their net worth.
Here is a list of the top 30 richest people in Ghana and their respective net worth.
- Charles Ampofo – $1.46 billion
- Ernesto Taricone – $1.3 billion
- Sir Sam E. Jonah – $1.2 billion
- Dr. Kwame Addo Kufuor – $1.2 Billion
- John Dramani Mahama – $900 Million
- Nabil Edmond Moukarzel – $900 million
- Michael Ibrahim – $860 million
- Alhaji Mohammed Ahmed Odyamat – $850 million
- The Irani Family – $800 million
- Kwame Despite – $800 Million
- Kwabena Duffuor – $680 million
- The Awuah-Darko Family – $650 million
- Millad Milet and family – $620 million
- Joseph Siaw Ayepong – $600 million
- Dr. Ernest Ofori Sarpong – $600 million
- Ramchand Udharam Mohinani – $580 million
- The Hitti Family – $540 million
- The Azar family – $530 million
- Kwabena Agyare Danquah – $500 million
- Ghassan Yared – $480 million
- Serge Bakalian – $460 million
- Dr. Kofi Amoah – $350 million
- Haruna Iddrisu – $300 million
- Dr. Kwesi Nduom – $300 million
- Alexander Kofi Mensah Mould – $282 million
- Nana Akufo-Addoh – $250 million
- Kennedy Agyapong – $250 million
- Tsatsu Tsikata – $245 million
- Dr. Yaw Osafo-Maafo – $220 million
- Dr. Kwesi Botchwey – $200 million
Who is the richest woman in Ghana? Patricia Poku-Diaby is the richest woman in Ghana. She has an estimated net worth of $720 million. While she is the richest woman in Ghana, she takes the 8th position countrywide.